Only 5 weeks left to train for the Argus. Make the most of it. It is a good idea to enter a few races to sharpen your riding skills, just to see what is happening during a race and also to spend more time in the saddle.
Sat 6 Feb: MTB at Q Sera @ 7:30 25/54/72km
Sun 7 Feb: Emperor’s Palace Race 99km
Sat 13 Feb: MTB at Q Sera @ 7:30 25/54/72/90km
Sun 14 Feb: MTB or Road at Q Sera 7:30. Time trial lap 11km. At least 3 or 4 laps, ok.
Sat 20 Feb: MTB at Q Sera @ 7:30 25/54km
Sat 20 Feb: Bike maintenance course 13:00-17:00 R250p/p. Bring n Braai
Sun 21 Feb: Ride for Sight 116km
Sat 27 Feb: MTB at Q Sera @ 7:30 25/54/72/90km
Sun 28 Feb: Road at Q Sera @ 7:30 48/96km
Bike Maintenance Course
You always wanted to know how all the bits and pieces of your bike fit together, so here is your chance. On Saturday 20 Feb at 13:00-17:00 we will have our first course here at the gym. Course fee is R250. It will be a practical course with Gert v Rensburg from Karsten Cycles showing you the finer details of your bicycle. You will be working on your own bicycle. We will end the afternoon with a braai. Places are limited, so book now.
You will need:
· Pay R250 course fee and book your place
· Bring your own Mtb or Road bike
· Multi–tool and chain breaker
· Tyres; tubeless, normal or road
· Tyre levers
· Bike hanger (bike specific)
· Braai meat and drinks
You will get:
· Course material
· How to fix a broken chain
· How to replace tyres
· How to replace a tube or fix a puncture-gator or patches
· How to set gears
· How to replace cables and housings
· How to change your bike into a single speed to finish a race
· How to replace a hanger
· How to fix brakes
· Fun time with everyone at the gym!
Baviaans mountain bike marathon entries open 1 February 2010.