9 Sept 2007

The First Hill Training



So we started with the training programme, bright and early..............
I mean at 8 o'clock. Lovely cool air, not too hot.


I interviewed some of the riders before the hill and I think their facial expressions said it all. Not too sure, I dunno, will have to see, this is serious stuff, my legs are gonna feel it, I'm already tired......


We swung round the corner, pumped up the short hill, lungs burning, little bit of a breather, another short hill, not too serious, flying downhill, another corner, climbing at a steady pace, Phew, at the top, easy going, downhill and back at the gym, 4.7km in all! Some did 4 laps, some 5 and some 6 in one hour. It was enjoyable, not too tough, good training, will do it again were some of the comments afterwards.



And then the coffee and muffins and juice and the talk. How we will do it next time, harder and more. We had fun! Hope to see you next time.
PS. Remember to ask Janine about her legs.........

No comments: